Sunday, January 15, 2006

The traditional pre-sleep ramble

Yeahhhh. What is up, my friends? I'm going to post even though I have nothing to post about at the moment. I am on my way to sleeeeeeeepytime. Yes, yes. You know what? I think sleeping is a pretty sacred time. I have come to appreciate it more and more. Even when I see a child sleeping in a movie, even that, I think "wow." Seriously. lol There's just something so comforting and safe and restful and wonderful about the sheets and the pillows and the quilts and the darkness broken only by dim, distant lights casting glows into your bedroom. Something so peaceful about the time we set aside so regularly just to restore and to dream. It is pretty wild that every 16 hours or so, we go unconscious for 8 hours. I mean really. It is interesting that we were made this way - requiring this, desiring it, and enjoying it. Sleep, that is!

Tomorrow must be productive. I'm going to the gym in the morning and then I am working like a mad(wo)man to get some projects started and/or done. Then we are going out to celebrate Curt's 27th birthday. And then the partay will go all night. Hah. Just kiddin. But we may go for some sushi and sake, both of which, amazingly, I have never had.

That's all the randomness I can impart to you tonight, my friends. I love you.... each of you precious few who view this site... and all I can say is, don't wait to start your life. Delight yourself in living life to the fullest right now. Don't hold the phone for anything or anyone. Just trying to remind myself of that, ya know. You are beautiful when you are living your dreams, or becoming more of the person you are and you want to be, or simply loving the people near you. That is beautiful. You don't have to aspire to so much to be special, or beautiful, or remembered. Just love as much as possible... and enjoy yourself. :) Where that's coming from, I don't know, but just go with it...

No comments: