Saturday, January 07, 2006

Country Boys

If I had TV, I would watch this special on PBS called Country Boys. I watched the clips available on the site... my heart really goes out to everyone growing up, in these circumstances... hell, in any circumstances. Growing up hurts, life hurts sometimes... but especially so for kids that haven't been given a lot of support. I have been really sad and struggled at different times in my life, and that's with two of the best parents you could ask for. But when your father committed murder and then suicide, when your mother is on drugs, when school is more than you have the skills to handle, when you can't see beyond your town and you desperately need to get out of it... life can be rough. This is good filming, good stories to tell and to hear.

No comments: