Monday, January 02, 2006

Answered prayer

This is so cool. I decided to print out my journal which I usually just type, and so I'm reading from a year ago... (I started it last Christmas so it basically spans 2005). This is from November 30, 2004:

I just had the thought that maybe my heart is restless at this season in life because I'm living under too many rules. Too much of what I think is Christianity is just cultural crap which has been dragged into it. I should take the time to list out what is truly of Christ and what is just American. Damn all those who try to confuse the two! It is not good.

God, if you can please free my mind and free my heart from the chains of cultural Christianity, I would be so happy. I know it will hurt - the process of breaking free - but I cannot live in a box. I cannot do things simply because that is the way they are done. I have shut up and got in line too many times. Please let me dance freely, without shame or hesitation. I am yours. And I know that if I just am bold enough to run to you, you are mine...

I can honestly tell you the chains have started to break. In real and tangible ways. Wow. I'm way encouraged reading this. I'm gonna read through the rest of these 26 pages...but currently I'm late for a class!

No comments: