Saturday, January 21, 2006

I won't miss

In still thinking about my last post, there's this quote I have in my head but I don't know who said it... CS Lewis? Rich Mullins? Someone else entirely? I don't know but it was something like this:

In the near future you will receive news that I am dead. Do not believe it. On that day, I will be more alive than ever.

In that spirit, I just made a list. Things that I will not miss once I'm fully alive and living in heaven... (it's kinda fun to think there will be an end to these things)
  • Overly scary movies
  • Reading about starvation in Africa and other poor areas
  • Having to put so much energy into being healthy
  • Being so forgetful
  • Feeling lonely
  • Back aches and holding my stress in my neck
  • Stress. Woohoo!
  • Money issues
  • Self-doubt
  • Having to wake up earlier than my body wants to
  • Being misunderstood and misunderstanding others
  • Theological debates
  • Seeing people and animals suffer
  • Paperwork
  • Time.

No comments: