Saturday, January 21, 2006

Longing for God knows what

Tonight my mom is in San Antonio, my brother and Jess are in Las Vegas, my Dad's in Minnesota, and I'm here in North to the Carolina. Crazy world. It is a crazy modern world that lets us all sit together in a living room on Christmas day and has us this spread out just a couple weeks later.

Tonight I am missing people who know me really well. My friends here are amazing... and they really are much more than friends. They truly are my brothers, my sister. But we don't have a ton of history yet. I just miss the familiar, the silly. You know what? But even thinking of those who I am so close to... now that I further think about it, I guess I am longing for something even more familiar than a friend. I think this is what longing for heaven feels like. It's a feeling that can't be satisfied by food, or by being in a certain place, by doing work or a fun activity, or really by people.. they say there's a God-shaped hole in each of us and tonight I feel it.

Sigh... Life is so strange. Existence is... surreal.

No comments: