Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Mind

The mind is a strange animal. lol Not that I'm starting a treatise, but ya know, it really is.

Lately I have been frustrated with my mind. I'm relatively intelligent, and yet, if you knew my mind, you would be shocked... Nothing is ever clear. Everything is always fuzzy and unclear. I am unable to conceive of any concept in its entirety. I can never simplify or conclude a topic in my head. I also have a bad memory. So when someone asks me a question, or when I put a question to myself, then a messy amalgamation of random thoughts, experiences, words, good feelings, doubts, and the like come rushing at me. I could say A, but then I could say B. I could say 1, but it is opposed by recollection 2. Either way I can never be totally certain of anything. For all I know, we are living in the matrix and it is not just a movie. For all I know…

It's crazy. But then there are sometimes when I stop the questions and stop thinking and it is easy (much easier) to come to answers and conclusions. The whole thing is very mysterious. I do believe in intution. I do believe we have an intuitive sense of what's right, and maybe more importantly (maybe similarly), what's REAL.

Anyway, that concludes today's treatise on the mind!

I just realized something. I am leaving town for Christmas a week from tomorrow. The gift I want to make for my Dad will take exactly one week to finish. I HAVE TO GO NOW! It's a special painted piece of pottery. I HAVE to get him this cause he broke the other one I made him a couple years ago and he really did love that thing. In fact, he still has it on his desk even though it's broken. lol So I have an idea for a new one and need to GET ON IT!

No comments: