Saturday, December 10, 2005

Aslan and friends

Tonight a big group of us went to go see Narnia (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe). I didn't have super high hopes for it, well sorta, but I had heard it was mediocre. And even though I was interested in the Christian themes, well let's just say I wasn't taking a fanatical approach.

However...

IT WAS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING! I'll just leave it at that because I don't want to get your hopes high, but I just truly loved it. One of my friends next to me, who actually is very angry with God and all of that, just cried and cried like a baby. Actually he also shouted "Lord Jesus makes all things new!" and spoke in tongues. lol But I'm telling you, it has that kind of effect. What an incredible, unexplainable portrayal of sacrificial love. Wow. Whatever you believe about Aslan and Jesus and all the rest, just go see it and be open to it. It might speak to you in some less obvious or less classifiable way. And, oh yeah, the graphics were amazing. I don't know how you could have improved upon it.

No comments: