Thursday, April 20, 2006

Vivid dream

I had the most vivid dream last night...

We were on a road trip. It included all the Ohio people... but I really only remember Jason, Charlie, and Kristina being in the car... as well as my brother Mike who was with us, too. Actually we had two cars for some reason. We were going to Rapid City, South Dakota where we used to live. For some reason, we went to my brother's friend's Troy's house. I didn't understand why we went there except that Troy's father recently died and I thought, oh okay, Michael hasn't seen him since then and he wants to see how Troy is doing.

Well, while we were getting out of the car or waiting... I have to add that my Dad was present at this point too. And we got out of the car, and it was snowy everywhere. You couldn't see the sky really... everything was just white and misty. It was really quiet and very beautiful. I don't remember how she came toward me, but she was on a bike... it was my friend Bronywn from college. Bronwyn is Turkish. (Actually she's one of my myspace friends, so she's findable : ) She was wearing all red in a very beautiful, sort of cultural way. Her clothes were bright red, and her hair was bright red too. I think this was a Regina Spektor reference in my mind because of how she was dressed the other night. Bronwyn looked so beautiful with all her red contrasting against the white/grey snow. Anyway, this is the cool thing about the whole dream... she wasn't dead, I don't think, but she was present in another part of the world. Oh yeah! What happened is I said, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be doing the Peace Corps? (Which is my brain getting her confused with my friend Jen who is doing PC.) And what was happening is that she was in that other part of the world, which I think for her was Tajikistan, but we were meeting together in this realm. We were both wherever we really were, but we were meeting together. (And I've read about this happening. It happened to Martha Beck, who wrote Expecting Adam. I'm telling you this being apart physically but together spiritually thing... I think it really can happen.) My Dad and my brother were sort of tongue-tied and both said "Wow." And I couldn't believe that they could see her, too. I thought it was just me. She smiled and got back on her bike and rode back into the white mist.

I've never seen Snow Falling on Cedars. I'd like to. But this dream reminded me so much of that movie anyway.

No comments: