Monday, April 24, 2006

9/11

First of all, can I just say I am hating the term "conspiracy theory"? The fact that you question the official account of anything suddenly makes you a conspiracy theorist, which means you're paranoid and overly imaginative. How about conspiracy detector, eh.

Secondly, to those of you who watched Loose Change and are willing to consider we know less about what happened on 9/11 than we thought... when you share this with people, some will get very defensive. Why, I don't know. Here's what you need to know: they will make your conversation very general and superficial. My cousin is equating it to believing in UFOs and who-shot-Kennedy conspiracies. Others just use contemptuous words like "ridiculous" and "dumb." Don't let them get away with this. The movie primarily deals in pieces of concrete evidence which raise specific questions. Stay on the questions. Don't have a stake in the outcome. Just the questions... just the truth. If it all turns out to be crap, at least I reached that conclusion honestly and with integrity.

My latest interaction with this is on my friend Sarah's husband Anthony's blog. Haha. Long way of saying that.

No comments: