Sunday, April 16, 2006

God energy at concerts

We just got back from seeing Regina Spektor at the 9:30 Club in DC.

F r i e k i n Amazing. Oh my gosh.

This is why I get so excited about live music. Here's why. Okay. There is this energy in the room at a live concert like Regina Spector's. It's like there is this invisible line going down the middle of the club and that line is God's will, or God's purpose or destiny for someone's life. And tonight Regina was totally intersecting with that line. I know this may sound crazy. I have no cool theology to back it up. But I sense such a joy and just... fullness of being at these events. It is quite literally enough positive energy to last me for a month. I'm not even kidding. It does something to me. She is really brilliant.

Get her new CD when it comes out. Listen to her songs at http://www.myspace.com/reginaspektor Have fun. I wish I had photos but I don't. Maybe one of the people who had their camera phones today will post something cool on the internet.

No comments: