Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So addicted, so bad

Oh my gosh. I am so addicted to the internet. This is not cool at all.

So, first of all, we steal internet. Yes, that's right, we freely access and take advantage of that which is our neighbor's unsecured wireless network. I've always appreciated this woman who does not secure her network! Big savings. Much obliged.

One time it went down for a few days. That was not good at all. But it came back!

An hour or two ago, her network started showing up in my list as secured. This is like in the movie Elf, when Santa tells Buddy that his Dad is on the naughty list. The only response is a loud, irrational:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

I seriously did not know what to do with myself for the last hour. You may think that is somewhere on the continuum between silly and sick. I can only agree with you. I went and put my laundry in the washer (in another building). Okay. I had dinner. All right. I went to the gas station down the street to get a diet coke and some quarters for the dryer. Sweet. Then I tried calling my Mom, no answer. Tried calling my Dad, no answer. That's weird. Went to the movie store and rented North Country and the new Pride and Prejudice. Took my time in the parking lot because it's dusk and it's beautiful. That's about it.

Came back and the internet is back up.

I half wish maybe it wasn't. I really need to break this addiction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW what you MEAN!

J said...

relax and login to myspace