Thursday, April 13, 2006

Do unborn children feel pain?

Fetuses Cannot Experience Pain

This is an interesting article. I tend to agree with the last paragraph. But interesting article. If we could kill elderly people or prisoners with absolutely no pain, would that have any bearing on the morality of the act? Of course not. But I digress. The fact that babies do not experience pain until they are born is really remarkable. If you could invade the womb before the baby was born, I am sure you could inflict pain on the "fetus" (baby) at that point. Come on, I know you could. I guess he is just saying the baby left alone in the womb will feel no pain. So then terminating a pregnancy falls into the category of...?

I really just think it's an interesting article. No solid conclusions here. No real opinions - don't feel threatened. hehe.

No comments: