Sunday, October 02, 2005

Satchmo follows the movie marathon

Most beautiful Sunday afternoon ever (ok actually it's a little too hot if you stay in the sun), but anyway... wow, I got off track right away. lol I'm listening to a Louis Armstrong CD that I found here. It is putting my soul at eaaaaase. I love it.

I'm in the apartment of this friend, Lisa, that I'm house-sitting for. Her cats names' are Macaroni and Noodle. Noodle is beyond timid and spends 98% of this life under the bed. However, he has the most human eyes I have ever seen. In his heart he must be an old, wise man. Macaroni wants to approach me but just isn't totally sure. He did brush up against my foot a minute ago. I am trying to beckon him over, calling him Mac-daddy and Macaroni Grill. lol It's hard to find a nickname for him that isn't longer than the name itself. Hmmm. He would get some affection if he would just come over here!!

I've had a really good weekend. We saw A History of Violence, Love Actually, and Crash. I really, really liked them all. I love the premise/theme of crash... that we're all so distant that we crash into each other just to feel something. That kind of crashing seems to be happening everywhere, all the time. Not that we intentionally do it, but... it's like grace, in a way. The scene with the little girl running to shield her Dad has to go down as one of the best scenes in a movie ever. Wow. Movies are so good these days.

No comments: