Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Elizabethtown

Just saw Elizabethtown, and it really was pretty bad. Man. The writing was just horrible. A couple of things were really good and I did cry in a couple parts (who was expecting that?) but it wasn't in touch with reality. I don't like movies that are unrealistic in their dialogue. I just think - what am I supposed to do with this? It does not relate to real circumstances.

But one exchange I really liked. I kept hearing the preview on the radio where he says "There's something special about you." And she says "That's because I'm one of a kind." And I always thought that was it. But in the movie, there's a line that comes after that that changes everything. He says "You don't have to make jokes. I like you without the jokes." And she just... lets that stand and looks him in the eyes. It is really the best part, not that there was much competition for that honor. hahah.

No comments: