Sunday, October 16, 2005

Common musical thread

So I'm sitting here watching Meet Joe Black, well the second half and I haven't seen this before, and I'm like MAN this score sounds so familiar. Where have heard this music before? And I'm thiiiinking so hard, and Kyle you have to give me credit for this, I'm like I think it might be from Angels in America??

So, a little IMDB research later, I found out I was right! It is also in American Beauty. This composer, Thomas Newman, has writen scores for a lot of recent movies. The music is really pretty. Just had to share.

I have never heard of two movies having the same score. That is a little odd, for the very reason that it is evoking in me the emotional response I had to the other movie, and that is very confusing.

I also think the girl in this movie looks exactly like Liesl from The Sound of Music. But apparently that girl is now a 63 year old woman so it's not her. :)

No comments: