Friday, October 28, 2005

Little women chatting

Funniest thing ever. So, I'm sitting at Panera, like on the booth side of a table along the fireplace where the other side is a chair. I guess you didn't need to know that. But right next to me are two little girls. I guessed they were 7 years old, and indeed I have just confirmed that. They are sitting across from each other. One is black, and one is white. They are both wearing their plaid school uniforms with a pressed white shirt underneath, black tights, and black mary-janes. One of the girl's mothers is sitting at the next table with them. They are having hot chocolate and a cookie.

Anyway, what's so funny and amazing about these little ladies, is that they are having the most adultlike conversation you have ever heard. They've discussed everything from what they think of Scotland, to what they liked about various films, to the characteristics of their parents ("oh my mom said that? that's my mom for you..." lol). I mean it is so hilarious. This older couple just sat down to the other side of me, and they are looking over and smiling and saying "that is so adorable." And so then I started talking to their Mom. And then I asked them lots of questions where I confirmed they are 7, but one is 6 months older than the other, and they are best friends, and they go to St. James Catholic which is just a couple blocks up the road, and one just had a Halloween party at school and she's stuffed, and the other one said "well we didn't have a Halloween party today so I don't know what she's talking about!" etc.

I am not doing a good job of relating how cute this is but let me tell you ... CUTE!

No comments: