Saturday, August 27, 2005

Star Wars III

Tonight, four of us went to see Star Wars at the Arl Cinema Drafthouse. It was sooooooooo good. Well I did not like the first 20 minutes of unexplained intergallactic warfare. That definitely was boring and not called for. But the script was just so unbelievably good. Maybe it's that I don't really know the Star Wars story, I don't really know any of the basic facts and I have totally forgotten whatever I've seen of the other 5 movies.

But anyway, it is so absolutely tragic how Anakin becomes Darth Vader. He had these recurring dreams of his lover dying during childbirth, and it seemed the only way to save her was to become the apprentice of a guy who not only was in touch with the good side of the force but also the dark side. Well, as everyone besides me must already know, there is so much going on that can be extrapolated to what's going on with us politically and spiritually. Lust for power... democracy... love... the purity and hope we have for our children... distrust and conspiracy... betrayal... war... the longing for peace... the search for a Messiah... anger, fear, uncertainty.

It was just so good.

No comments: