Sunday, August 14, 2005

Off the Map

Just finished the movie Off the Map. I loved it so much. It is so beautiful... so honest, so slow, so forgiving, so graceful, so true. I think, I hope, everyone can relate both to the city and the country. There seems to be a place in each of us that is at home in one setting and the other. I don't know what I'm trying to say except this movie sits so well with me and even lets me be at peace with myself. That's a lot for a movie to do.

I just changed the blogger template. It seems like it's easier to read. Hmmm.

Anyway, absolutely everything in my life lately is a signpost for all that I'm going through. I don't know if God is always giving us signs like this and I'm just sensitive to and aware of them now, or if this really is a unique time for me... but everything is a message and has meaning. Here's what I just wrote in my journal. (Yes, the one where I say what I reaaaaally think. haha):

Lately every movie I watch, every book I read, every sermon or song that I hear… everything is pointing me toward being free. Quitting my job and becoming a freelance writer. More than that, maybe moving away from Washington, DC. More than that, becoming more of who I want to be, and must be, and who I am. More than all these, drawing closer to my home, which is somewhere familiar, somewhere in God. Everything feels so ordained and perfect right now. Every minute detail seems to be a perfectly orchestrated part of a huge and beautiful plan. This is not to say I don't feel stress or anything, just feel... taken care of. I am happy at the thought.

No comments: