Friday, July 08, 2005

Hippie skirt

When Gina was visiting DC and interviewing for her current job, we went to Eastern Market - one of my favorite places in the city. At the flea market side of things, I somehow talked myself into buying one of those long, flowing hippie skirts. I know they are totally out of style but I believed - I truly believed! - I could bring it back. lol However after that day, I didn't actually have the guts to wear it. Last Sunday, for church and for the rest of the day, I finally did. And then again today, yes for work, I wore it. I mean it is unbelievably long and flowing and hippie patchwork through-and-through. I just took an upclose picture for you.

Would you believe I've gotten like 10 compliments on it today? Okay, wait, not 10. Heather, Ginnie, Greg, Charlee... okay 4! But that's practically the whole office. You usually are not thus rewarded for a fashion risk. I can appreciate the fact that they may be being nice. But it actually is starting to grow on me... I like it.

And I love the fact that it is Friday.

The moral of the story is wear your funky, colorful skirt... life is short.

No comments: