Thursday, July 14, 2005

First ever almost identity theft... whoaaaa

Man!! Online fraud people have gotten really good, I must say. I just got an email from PayPal saying that a $67 transaction had successfully gone through. I went to the website and logged in with my user name and password. Then, it was saying I had to verify my card by putting in the full number, expiration date, and ATM pin. Sommmmmething was not quite right about that so I called them. Anyway, long story short, it was a scam but it is unbelievable how real it looked! The URL of the site I was on literally said www.paypal.com/yadayada and I told the lady that and she said "they can copy our website" like I was an idiot. lol Anyways I had to reset the pw and hopefully all is well.

This is a PSA to let you know (because I didn't know) that PayPal will only address you by your first and last name!!!

No comments: