Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Less answers, more God

"I hope you’ll go home and read your Bible. I always find it interesting all the people who read the Bible so they can find answers. And just about every time in my life that I have ever found an answer, if I went back and read the Bible, it would blow it out of the water. So I’ve given up trying to find answers in the Bible, and I’m learning to look in there for the weirdest character of all of them. And that would be God Almighty himself. He’s bizarre from our whole point of view – that someone could be so totally other and so completely by himself… and yet he could want us badly enough that he would become like us in order to help us become like Him.

If you want a religion that makes sense, I suggest something other than Christianity. But if you want a religion that makes life, then I think this is the one."

(Rich Mullins)

I may have posted this before, but I just found it again. This is why Rich Mullins is, yes, my hero.

No comments: