Sunday, August 27, 2006

10,000 Lakes

Ready for another 12 year old girl style journal entry? Heh. Today we went to Silver Lake. Actually, all I wanted to say, is that I rode in the boat my brother restored, and also we got to ride his friend's jetski. It is the first time I've been on one and it was soooooo fun. HELLO walking on water! It's crazy how you go so fast that you're just skimming and the water surface becomes like any other surface. After taking my Mom for a wild spin, I came back to shore and asked my brother to drive. Yep. We capsized. Well we turned on a big wave, which threw me over and I was hugging him so tightly that he came off, too. HA! All we could do is laugh like crazy. It was a great thrill because we suddenly got over any fear about falling into the middle of the lake. The jetski battery was dead so we were stranded... his friends came out in Mike's boat but for some reason it was going at a snail's pace. Apparently some pin was lost, and Mike's boat died, too. Finally another boat rescued us - 6 of us - desperately holding the little 1960s boat and the jetski together. Good times... I wish I'd had my camera out there.

I'm only here for a couple more days. You know, being on vacation has made me lethargic. I mean, I've been moving... we've been doing a lot... but my muscles are so tired and don't want to do much. Now that I re-read that, it sounds very normal for vacation, but it's just a strange feeling.

My family keeps hinting that I should move to Minneapolis.

I'll be sad to go, but also glad to get back to Raleigh. I need as much of a life rhythm as possible right now. I do wish I lived near my family... maybe someday but not in the immediate future.

No comments: