Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Just say no to Lieber

What's all this Lieberman stuff in the news? I mean, who really cares? I don't know much about him but I will tell you this - he's a career politician and that can't be good for America. We need real people who live real lives and serve their government for a short time. (I don't care if it's impractical.) Plus, what's with MoveOn and other alliances taking him down? I hate the idea that if you're a Democrat, you have to vote "the Democratic way" on all issues. Don't we always give our political leaders a hard time for towing the party line no matter what rather than following their consciences? So if someone actually diverges from the party position - awesome! Even if you disagree, you should know that it's awesome, because it means there's some humanity and diversity and thinking going on. Of course it could just be corruption and betrayal and all that, but let's give people the benefit of the doubt. After all, it's Liiiiiiieberman. lol (I've just never really liked him and for superficial reasons, that's all. It's really not fair that he's the object of my annoyance but that's just the way it is.)

The news in general is really... not good lately. I mean, if you get it by TV (which I know you shouldn't...) all you see is CRISIS IN THE MIDDLE EAST. Crisis. What a word. I realize what's going on is extremely serious. I realize people are dying. I just think it's very sensational and exploitative to cover it the way they do.

I don't know where I'm going with this. It's 10:33. I have a flight at 7:35 in the morning. Plus I need to finish a project and pack. Ayyyy.

No comments: