Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sensitive

Can you do anything to make yourself less sensitive? What provoked this is something my neighbor said, and it wasn't even a big deal, but it did hurt my feelings. Sometimes I am glad I am a sensitive person but other times, you know what, it just sucks. I wish I didn't care what people say or think. But if you seem to be extremely thin-skinned when it comes to stuff like that, is there any way to be changed? How do you stop your mind from dwelling on something? It goes back to whether we can be changed as people in general. I believe God can and does transform us in really deep and profound ways, but other times, I wonder which of our characteristics are so deep-seated that we will never overcome them. And maybe being sensitive isn't this 'bad' thing to 'overcome,' but sometimes it feels like it is. There seems to be great freedom in not letting what others say and do affect me, and I am pretty well addicted to freedom in all its forms. I hate wearing any sort of shackles.

No comments: