Friday, March 03, 2006

Produce... how I love thee

I just discovered the NC State Farmer's Market. Farmers' markets in general are somewhere in my top 10 list of things I am hopelessly in love with (along with things such as chocolate, sunshine, fall, and San Francisco). I have been missing my fresh produce hub in DC (Eastern Market) but this is a great replacement one, I think. It is much more spacious. Well it's much huger in general. Yes, huger. Where Eastern Market was urban and hip, the NC Market is more country. But just as fresh! And the people are exceptionally friendly. You will not be addressed unless 'sweetie' or 'honey' is at the beginning of the sentence, end, or maybe even both places. Or there's always "shoog." I'm not sure how to spell that, but it's 'sugar' with even more affection. I got tomatoes, green and red peppers, apples, oranges, cucumber, orange slice candy, and roasted peanuts. Oh and a trail mix, and strawberry rhubarb jam for my friend. I also had a fresh flounder sandwich with coleslaw. Yummmmm.

No comments: