Friday, November 04, 2005

Never not anything

When I was working full-time, I was pretty much 9 to 5. When I was done with work, I was done with work, and I played. I liked it. Now, I set my own goals and hours. Let me just put it this way:

There's never not something to do!

Always there's something on my computer to do (expenses, website, brochures, make contacts, stay up on email, etc.) Always there's a mess in my room that needs cleaning up. I'm not complaining at all. I could not be any more happy about my new self-employed status. I think it is turning out to be an AMAZING fit for my flexiblity-loving personal work style. I guess this is more of a sanity call to myself, because between the career shift and preparing to move to another state, it's easy to feel that the work is never-ending. Work I really, really enjoy but still neverending. I guess I am just saying it makes sense given the circumstances.

I keep fighting the urge to start packing. It's not that I want to get out of here, cause I'm not in a rush to leave (it's sad, y'know?) and I definitely don't want to be living out of boxes for a month. But I think it will help me get organized, and in fact maybe even free up some space? Hmm. It's not a bad idea. I might start packing up books and out-of-season clothes tomorrow.

I like this moving in November thing. lol It seems like such a good time of year to move. No sweltering heat. No mad rush on free boxes.

No comments: