Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Movin' right along...

It's funny, because for several weeks or maybe more, I have been subconsciously imagining all that would happen from my Dad coming to DC, to packing up and moving, to him leaving, and me staying here in my new place with my new apartment and my new friends and my new dreams and my new challenges and my new frontier. The one thing I could never foresee was how it would all feel in my gut, once things started to settle down and I began to settle in.

Thankfully, my gut says YAY. :)

Moving here to North Carolina was definitely the right next step for me. I had to make this change, and everything is this exciting new FIRST! The biggest grace of the whole situation is that this decision almost made itself, or maybe it just seems like that in retrospect, maybe it was harder than I remember, but definitely all the odds and ends in my life were wrapping up and pointing me in this direction. It seems like that's how God's will should work, so I have to give credit to Him for that, because it's much more common to hear people trying to figure out what they should do and totally struggling with any sense of direction from on high. (Is giving God credit for something pretentious? lol It's the same as giving glory, right? So, mad props to tha Lord. : )

I am currently lying on the floor in the living room... facing the balcony doors which are streaming in sunlight, and the Christmas tree I just put up last night, though it doesn't have any decorations on it yet. The floor is pretty much a total mess with pieces of wood and nails and screws and tools. I have four more pieces of furniture together, and can I just say I SUCK at putting stuff together?! The latest thing I tried around midnight last night was a little two-drawer file cabinet. Because one particular screw type thing is being uncooperative, the whole thing actually slants if you push it. lol I gotta start over or something. I dunno. The desk and the big bookcase, I'm not sure that I will even try. The easy bookcase (that I just took apart) would be fine for me except that I can't find the bag of screws for that one. Hah! Everything is slower right now, takes longer to find, longer to do. The main thing I accomplished yesterday was cleaning and organizing the kitchen. Everything is put away and very, very happy. I quite like my apartment!!

Last night Curt, Drew, Amanda, and I went out to dinner at this pub in downtown Raleigh. It was our celebration dinner, for all of us being here. They are really fun conversationalists, I have to say... especially Drew who is indeed very well read and is a bit like a walking Wikipedia. And Curt is so sincere and caring that you feel very valued. Same thing with Amanda, and she can be pretty funny. I think things are off to a great start.

Today I'm gonna throw out all the trash and boxes in here, do a little more shopping, create a work calendar and goals, and see if I can find a gym in the area.

No comments: