Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Simple culinary delight

I would like to give a big shout-out and a lot of credit to my beautiful cousin Miss Julia Smart for teaching me how to make croutons the other night. This is wisdom which I would like to impart to you. First you cut up the bread. In a bowl, mix like 6 tbsp (or whatever) of olive oil with tons of seasoning such as garlic salt, onion powder, whatever you have that is reasonable and crouton-like. Quickly stir the croutons into the olive oil seasoning mix, lay them out on foil in the oven, and broil for like 3 seconds. Okay maybe a couple minutes but it goes fast.

That's it! Frighteningly easy, huh? I just have to say I made some yummmmmmy croutons which are signifianctly enhancing my lunchtime salad experience today. May you know this same joy.

Oh, and I also owe a debt of gratitude to my roommate Diana who grew the lettuce. Truly, we are all connected. lol Everyone played a part in that which is my salad.

In other news... let's see, I'll just give you some updates:

1. It is wicked hot in DC! I mean 95 with full humidity day after day. (Yes, yes I am from Boston, ok? Wicked hot!)

2. This has reminded me how much I love fall (which is, A LOT). I've already started longing for back to school season. However, I was appalled to see that back to school ads are already coming out. Are you kidding me? It is June 15.

3. I am equally appalled at the lack of outdoor public swimming pools in Northern Virginia. I have not completed my investigation yet but there do not seem to be any. This violates me as a democrat. Ahh! Oh for the Midwest...

4. I'm sort of really glad Michael Jackson was found not guilty. No one is ever going to really know what happened (that is what makes me craziest about all these trial mysteries) but I just had a feeling he was being set up.

5. I'm going to New Orleans at the end of this week for a Board Meeting. Woohoo! Actually a couple hours south of there. Pray for no hurricanes. It must be beautiful because geographically speaking, I mean... I would never live there.

6. Anyone know of the best websites for Europe travel deals? Elicia and I are thinking of flying away somewhere like Italy or Greece, or maybe just London or Paris who knows, later this summer. However I suddenly can't remember where to find good deals online.

7. That's really all I have for you. Let's not push it by going to 10. There's only so many random updates I can come up with. I left out the starting a new business thing and making the worst hair-dye mistake of my life. Those I'll have to tell you about in person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll share with you my knowledge any day, Grasshopper.

Anonymous said...

Jenny I want to go to Greece! I am totally jealous. Have you seen Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Really cute and there's footage of Greece- it looks so amazing. I hope you find a good flight deal!