Thursday, June 02, 2005

Lostness (the unspiritual kind)

I lose things. Um, I lose things quite a bit. It is very disconcerting! This past weekend I lost our room key at Duke. Well first I lost the little access card, then found it. Then I lost the door key, and never found it, though I have a good idea where it is (chair in the conference room!! arrr!).

Then, today I was going to get gas and realized I didn't have my bank card. Called the bank and found out that I left it in an ATM machine 2 days ago. Ummm... lol. Some kind and honest person turned it in, thank goodness. I don't understand why the machine didn't beep at me or suck my card back in and shred it (which has indeed happened to me in the past) but in any case, it didn't.

While I was on the phone with the bank, I figured why not have them transfer me to their credit card department because several months ago I lost the credit card they sent me. I lost it before even using it once.

I've lost a lot of things in my life - keys and credit cards we know, but also clothes, CDs, random things like cords, respect, and friendships. lol no I'm just kidding, I got on a roll. But can I just say it is a really horrible feeling to be looking for something you're missing. Now I know we would all like this to evolve into a spiritual truth such as the parable of the lost coin or the lost sheep or the lost son - but no!! Not tonight.

No comments: