Monday, October 02, 2006

A band worth noting

I would just like to give special acknowledgements to Jars of Clay who are, I believe, a really amazing band. You may think they're not cool, but you would be wrong! They have created so many amazing songs, and each CD has its own unique feel. I am impressed at the music that has come out of those guys. Being able to write so many different songs, both musically and lyrically, is a huge feat. I currently love this song Work and should not under any circumstances buy any CDs right now but I really want their new one. Gah! :)

Anyway, let's revisit an old favorite... from their first CD which was groundbreaking in every way. You should listen to this song again if you have it.

Liquid

Arms nailed down - are you telling me something?
Eyes turned out - are you looking for someone?
This is the one thing
The one thing that I know

Blood-stained brow - are you dying for nothing?
Flesh and blood - is it so elemental?
And this is the one thing
The one thing that I know

Blood-stained brow - he wasn't broken for nothing.
Arms nailed down -he didn't die for nothing.
This is the one thing
The one thing that I know.

2 comments:

NightComesOn said...

Don't know if it's redeemable in any sense that I'm actually downloading a Christian album illegally...but Work seems to be a pretty decent song. Certainly a harder, more rock-driven sound than anything I remember of theirs (this is, granting, that I only have their first four albums, from the self-titled to Eleventh Hour).

Your suggestion is approved.

Jenny said...

haha. thanks, philip. i appreciate that :) actually i'm glad you are enjoying them! they're sort of NOT COOL but they're just really good. (how did you download it illegally? email that info to me... just for informational purposes of course :)