Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Play an ipod game with me

Well here's a fun distraction...

Step 1: Put your MP3 player on random.
Step 2: Post the first one or two lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.

1. While we're young and beautiful, kiss me like you mean it...

2. A woman who in childhood was physically abused by her father may find that her pain body becomes easily activated in any close relationship with a man. (this is spoken word, not music :)

3. I should tell you, I should tell you... Benny wasn't anyth... shhhh... I know...

4. I will come to you, you don't mind this mess, cause I have brushed up my act but I'm still an orphan in rags tryin' to look her best

5. I hear the ticking of the clock - I'm lying here, the room's pitch dark... (Heart, "Alone," guessed by Cornett Snack)

6. When I am (?)... then I am all alone, burdened by my sin and shame, there's one place I can go

7. I want you to meditate on your body's ability to heal itself... (spoken word again)

8. I came home tonight, I came home so I could hide out, the shadows have become my sun and I feel like I'm the only one who's shady. (Aaron Espe, "The Reduse," guessed by Cornett Snack)

9. This means that your happiness and your unhappiness are in fact one; only the illusion of time separates them. (spoken word)

10. I liked the way my hand looked on your head in the presence of my knuckles, but the beauty of this vision alone just like yesterday's sunset has been perverted by the sentimental and mistaken for love. (Live, "Iris," guessed by Philip)

11. So much for never making the same mistake - I can't believe I'm here again...

12. Break our hearts, oh God, break our hearts...

13. In the glory of your presence I find peace, I find rest for my soul.

14. In a little cafe just the other side of the border, she was a-sitting there giving me looks that made my mouth water... (Jay and the Americans, "Come a Little Bit Closer," guessed by Philip)

15. More shine today, let's just say the admiration's been unfit for who I am

16. You have led me to the sadness, I have carried this pain on a back bruised and nearly broken, I'm crying out to you

17. There's a kind of emptiness that can fill you, there's a kind of hunger that can eat you up.

18. You sit and stare out at the sky and think of ways to fake a smile, but life is never what it seems - sometimes it only takes awhile...

19. 24 oceans, 24 skies, 24 failures, and 24 tries... 24 finds me in in 24th place

20. I was sleeping by the wasteside of tomorrow but it's better than sleeping by the wasteside of today

5 comments:

NightComesOn said...

I only recognize #14. Come A Little Bit Closer by Jay and the Americans.

Wait...Iris by Live, #10. I'm a bigger fan of The Distance to Here, but Throwing Copper was amazing.

Try mine?

Jenny said...

Ooh good job, Philip.

I think I should have nixed the spoken word ones but I was trying not to censor it or anything :) But you probably would have gotten even more if I had cut those out...

Btw when are you getting a blogger so I can comment on your posts?! :) I'm off to your myspace now..

NightComesOn said...

Eventually. I have two blogs on Blogger, actually, but one's primarily academic (or at least it's supposed to be). The other...the other...as soon as I can make a design of which I'm not horribly ashamed, it'll go public.

Jenny said...

I understand. Aesthetics are everything. :) I, too, yearn for a beautiful and homegrown expression of blogliness. Good luck with that. I do recommend that you play around with the beta version of Blogger. Much fun with layout and colors.

Anonymous said...

#5 - Heart - How Do I Get You Alone

#8 - Aaron Espe - The Reduse

...I am terrible with lyrics...but those totally stood out to me.