Sunday, September 25, 2005

All We Are is Shooting Stars

Diana and I went to an Edwin McCain concert the other night, and the only song I remember (besides iiiii'llllll beeeeee :) was this newer one of his called "Shooting Stars."

Maybe this life is just about love and tenderness if
all we are is shooting stars
Maybe we can't fight all of this pain and loneliness if
all we are are shooting stars...


So I was in deep thought about this song.. ha.. and I do believe life is just about love... and I also believe God is Love. But anyway, if you think about the three kinds of love, familial/friendship, romantic, and divine/God- love. I was just thinking maybe life really is ONLY about love and people, and everything else in life - work, stress, money, career, food, material things, politics, culture, art, music, everything - is intended to be subservient to Love. My actual thought was "Maybe all those other things just give us something to talk about in the context of love." Hmm. Anyway I really like that thought, because it is totally freeing. What matters but love? And what should I do except take a step in love, seek justice in love, work hard because of love, create art as it springs from love... I really like that thought.

I was also thinking, are we not complete (emotionally) if we lack one of those kinds of love in our lives? I think we long for all 3 of them, not just one or two. Now, there are monks and nuns and others who renounce marriage, and even Jesus never married, and Paul talked about it too... Still others live in seclusion, without friend or lover, which is incredibly sad. I just mean to say it is, I think, IN us to desire all three. And having all three seems to make us healthier and more whole.

Anyway, lessee. I went over to Gina and Julia's last night and had an extremely happy night. Who knew Julia would want to recreate her Costa Rican reflexology foot massage on me?! lol That was so awesome. And today I've just been chillin, and trying to set up my business website. Made some good progress! I cannot believe I only have 3 weeks of work left.

No comments: