Thursday, April 28, 2005

A Voice from the Past

OMG!osh. What in the world? All these crazy things are happening to me. It is just getting wild at this point. Someone from my past just emailed me out of nowhere. I guess she saw me at a Dept. of Labor meeting a couple weeks ago but couldn't talk cause I left early. Which is true. I left and went to the doctor, at which point I was diagnosed with labyrinthitis, which I have to say is the absolutely best and most relieving name to hear for recurrent dizziness.

But back to this email! Let's post it. We're into posting today so why not? I will censor the parts that may give too much information:

Hey!

I thought I recognized you the other day at the conference at the Department of Labor, but couldn't quite place you at first----then I realized that you were from camp!!!! I was hoping to get a chance to talk to you afterwards, but then you left early. How are you? How have you been? Did you get married? How long have you been in the DC area? It is so great that you are still working on children's issues! What do you do at __________? Do you ever go back to camp to visit? I really miss that place!! I went back the next summer after you were there and it was good, but that first summer really was the best!

I have been working on my master's at ___________ and will be finishing up next month (thank goodness!) I am interning at ____________ for now.... and will hopefully be staying on full-time after I graduate. It will be nice to just work for awhile--I'm looking forward to it. If you are in the area, it would be great to get together sometime and catch up! It was so nice to see you the other day---it's not often that you run into people from camp :) And it is such a special place.... I hope all is going well with you!

Take care,
__________

Isn't that just a cool surprise? Ok here's the bad part: since I didn't get to see or talk to her, I am having a hard time remembering! Ahh! I feel horrible.

That's okay, we are going to have a reunion soon and I feel that, at that point, I will be able to join along with Celine Dion in saying, "it's all coming back to me now!" lol :-P

No comments: