Monday, April 11, 2005

Freedom and spring fever, comingled, in fact becoming one

What's up, friends in internetland? I'm sitting at Murky Coffee in Eastern Market just taking in the sunshine, iced coffee, and spring fever. There is enough spring fever to go around, as DC is currently hosting the throngs of pilgrims who come to enjoy the Cherry Blossom Festival. Might I say, they're beautiful, especially when surrounded in a massive sea of people unlike I have ever seen.

I am searching heart, soul, and mind to figure out "what I want to do with my life." Maybe that's the wrong way to look at it. Is it really "my" life? Is it really about "doing" things? Maybe it's more about who I am - being. Maybe it's more about the life of Christ, or my life hidden in him (same thing right?).

In any case, I consider these things amidst a very happy and free environment. Most people don't enjoy this freedom - maybe i ought to fight for their freedom instead of squandering mine by being lazy? Hmm.

Soul-searching on a Spring day...

No comments: