Wednesday, July 26, 2006

$2,500 eggs

I wish I didn't have an ethical problem with this, or maybe it's an emotional problem, but if I were just willing to donate my eggs to a Raleigh couple who is trying to have a child, I would get $2,500. Per successful donation! lol I'm not even that hard up for money but I could do that once per month and then chill all the time. Haha.

Why is it that I have a problem with that? I mean everyone does... but why? Because we don't want to have a child that we never know, I guess. Which should be reason enough, but it seems like there should be more... maybe this is one of those things that will soon be subject to a vast cultural attitude shift. Maybe in our kids' generation, it will be extremely common (or even somehow unnecessary?) to donate your eggs to infertile couples. Hah. Anyway it's just a random thought.... Now I need to get to work. I'm at Royal Bean which is one of my Raleigh hotspotttttttts - yeah!! However they've made a big change since I was here last. The back half of the shop used to be these desks along the wall, and it was the greatest workspace ever... but now they've converted it to square tables. Apparently it seats 40 rather than 16 people now. But still!

PS. Jordan almonds? Sooooo good. What is in these things? They taste so vanilla-y and wonderful.

No comments: